Driver: Daniel Dye Hometown: Deland, Florida Series: ARCA Menards Series Vehicle: #43 GMS Racing Chevrolet Primary Sponsors: Race to Stop Suicide, Low Payment Kings, Solar-Fit Track: Toledo Speedway Location: Toledo, Ohio Date: Saturday, October 8, 2022
- Daniel Dye made his first career start at the famous Toledo Speedway half-mile on Saturday afternoon, October 8. The ARCA Menards Series held its season finale event, Shore Lunch 200.
- Dye qualified his Race to Stop Suicide, Low Payment Kings, Halifax Health No. 43 Chevrolet second fastest of the 24 cars on hand.
- The GMS Racing Chevrolet was fast from the drop of the green flag, running second and challenging for the race lead several times through the opening portion of the 200-lap event.
- In the late stages of Saturday's Shore Lunch 200, a part on the right front assembly broke, forcing Dye to pit road for costly, time-consuming repairs. Daniel returned to the racetrack following the fix but was 37-laps down.
- Daniel Dye and the GMS Racing team will be credited with second place in the final 2022 ARCA Menards Series national point standings.
- Daniel captured the Bounty Rookie of the Year Award with remarkably consistent finishes throughout the 20-race season, including 13 top-fives and 17 top-tens.
- Dye and the GMS Racing team won the CGS Imaging Bill France 4 Crown championship.
DD Quote: "We had a really fast GMS Racing Chevy this afternoon, and I feel like we could've competed for the race win. Part failures happen sometimes, and unfortunately, that's what ended our chance for a race win and the championship. I'm thankful to everyone at GMS Racing, Chevrolet, and all of our partners and supporters who helped make this opportunity possible. It's obviously not easy to lose it when we were so close, but we had a strong season, and we can be proud of that."