Driver: Daniel Dye Hometown: Deland, Florida Series: ARCA Menards Series Vehicle: #43 GMS Racing Chevrolet Primary Sponsors: Chevrolet Accessories, Solar-Fit Track: DuQuoin State Fairgrounds Location: DuQuoin, IL Date: Monday, September 5
- Daniel made his second career dirt track start on Monday in the ARCA Menards Series Rust-Oleum Automotive Finishes 100 at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds in Illinois.
- The event, initially scheduled for Sunday night, was delayed to Labor Day due to weather. Continued threatening weather on Monday forced the cancelation of practice and qualifying, so the field's first lap on-track was in the race.
- A competitor spun in front of Daniel while racing inside the top-five early in the event, forcing DD to spin to avoid, and causing damage to the right rear. The GMS Racing crew fixed up the Solar-Fit Chevy, and Daniel began climbing back through the field.
- DD made several late-race passes to advance him into the top five and fourth on the event's final restart.
- The race would ultimately be shortened at lap-78 for rain, with Daniel and the Chevrolet Accessories No. 43 Chevy credited with a nice fourth-place finish.
"This was a interesting day for sure, not having practice or qualifying, but I'm glad I was able to learn some things at Springfield that helped us break into the top five today. I can't thank everyone at GMS and our partners enough for their hard work and support."
Kevin Striegle Kevtron Media Daniel Dye Racing 616-250-6211 firstname.lastname@example.org